When most people hear the word “hygiene” they think about bathing or washing their hands. But “hygiene” actually has a more broad definition than that. It really refers to conditions and practices conducive to maintaining health and preventing illness. And, as we know, sleep plays a huge role in helping you feel your best.
Here are a few tips to help you keep up good sleep hygiene habits:
- Go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning (even on weekends and vacations).
- Avoid caffeine within three to six hours of bedtime.
- Limit alcohol and nicotine intake before bed.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal just before turning in for the night.
- Keep your bedroom cool and comfortable.
- Make sure you’re using the correct sleeping products for you. (Find out your Zzzz Score to help you shop for the right products).
Want more sleep tips? Visit our Facebook Page or follow us on Twitter for updates on new articles posted each week.