Effective Date: June 1, 2022
I. How to Contact Us
II. The Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
“Personal Information” is information or data that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available, de-identified, or aggregated.
We collect different types of information or data about you depending on your contact point with us, and how you interact with us and our website. Some information you may provide directly. Other information may be collected automatically.
Personal Information you provide directly to us includes:
- Your contact details, such as your full name, postal address, email address, and telephone number
- Your employer or other corporate affiliation, such as your title, business contact information, and employer’s name
- Information about products you purchase, consider, or inquire about
- Any Personal Information that you provide in the contents of your communications with us
Certain information, such as your IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system and information about your use of our website may be collected automatically using tracking technologies when you navigate our website.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The tracking technologies that we use may record information about your visits to the website so that we can provide an uninterrupted and more personalized experience for you and tailor our marketing and content to you. Tracking technologies can help us to identify visitors, recognize preferences, diagnose problems with our website, assess and analyze website trends and usage patterns, conduct market research, and otherwise improve our website. For example, we use third-party analytics applications such as Google Analytics to measure and analyze the behavior of visitors to the website and associated traffic patterns.
III. How We Use the Information We Collect
In general, we use your Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you, including to answer your questions, request additional information, and respond to your feedback
- Prevent and address fraud, breaches of our policies or terms, and other threats or harm
- Analyze use of our website, evaluate and enhance website security and stability, and otherwise improve the website
- Comply with applicable legal requirements
IV. How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information:
- With our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, or vendors when it is reasonably necessary or helpful, such as to assist in communicating with you, or to analyze and improve our website or products
- With our employees, agents, vendors, and consultants who perform functions on our behalf – for example, we may use third-party vendors to help us provide customer support, send various communications, or otherwise assist with the operation of our business
- To comply with applicable law or protect our and your rights and interests – for example, we may disclose your Personal Information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property, or interests, or prevent fraud or abuse
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets, including during the negotiation of such transactions
- For any other purpose with your consent or as otherwise allowed by applicable law
V. Third-Party Links
VI. Protection of Personal Information
We take commercially reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse, manipulation, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. If you suspect any unauthorized activity associated with your personal information, please report that activity to us immediately.
VII. Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
The Carpenter website does not provide products or services to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect the Personal Information of children through our website.
VIII. “Do Not Track” Signals
Your browser may have a “do-not-track” setting that sends signals to websites with the technology to receive them to express your preferences regarding online tracking. We do not currently have the technology to respond to such signals.
IX. California Privacy Rights
The categories of Personal Information we collected within the past 12 months, the sources from which we collected personal information, and the business and commercial purposes for which we collected and shared this information are described above. Here is how the information we collect fits within the categories defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- Identifiers—including your contact details and IP address
- Personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)—overlaps with the identifiers we collect
- Commercial information—including purchase history, products purchased, obtained or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity information—including device and usage information, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our website, email engagement activity, information from cookies and other tracking technologies, and website analytics information
- Geolocation data—geolocation data inferred from your IP address
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information—audio data collected when you call our customer service numbers
- Professional or employment-related information—including information about your employer or other corporate affiliation, such as your title, business contact information, and employer’s name
- We also collect the contents of your communications with us, which may include personal information that does not necessarily fit within one of the specific categories defined by the CCPA
We may disclose to our service providers any category of Personal Information we collect in order to further the business purposes described in this Policy. Within the past 12 months, we did not sell the Personal Information of California consumers.
If you are a California consumer, your rights to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Information are described below. Please note that when submitting a request, you will be asked to provide information to verify your identity before action is taken. You may designate an authorized agent to make the requests below on your behalf. An authorized agent must submit proof to us that he or she has been authorized by you to act on your behalf, and you will need to verify your identity directly with us before we will be able to process your request.
a. Right to Know
If you are a California consumer, you have the right to request more information regarding the following, to the extent applicable:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information
- The business or commercial purpose why we collected your Personal Information
- The categories of third parties, if any, with whom we shared your Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to which we disclosed that particular category of Personal Information
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you
You may submit a request for the information above by calling us at 833-996-1631 or submit a request through our web form available here. In connection with submission of your request, we will need to verify your identity before action is taken.
b. Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
California consumers have the right to request that we delete Personal Information we collected about them. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what Personal Information we can delete from our records. There may be circumstances where we cannot delete all of your personal information. For example, if we need to: (1) retain your Personal Information to complete a transaction or fulfill a warranty or recall obligation; (2) detect security incidents; (3) protect against unlawful activities; (4) identify, debug or repair errors; or (5) comply with a legal obligation. You may submit a request to delete your Personal Information by calling us at 833-996-1631 or submit a request through our web form available here. In connection with submission of your request, we will need to verify your identity before action is taken.
c. Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information
Although California consumers have the right to opt out of sales of their personal information, we do not sell personal information so there is no need to submit such a request to us.
d. Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights
If you choose to exercise any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, you also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us. This means that, consistent with California law, we will not deny providing products to you, charge you different prices or provide a different level or quality of products to you unless those differences are related to the value of your Personal Information.
X. International Users
If you are using our website outside the United States, please be aware that Personal Information we obtain about you may be transferred to and processed in the United States, Canada, or other jurisdictions outside your own. Your Personal Information may be accessible by public authorities where it is processed. By using our website and providing your Personal Information, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be transferred to and processed in jurisdictions other than your own. Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations that may apply to your Personal Information transferred to the United States, Canada, or other countries may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
XI. European Notice
Legal Bases. We rely on the following legal bases for processing your Personal Information:
- The processing is necessary for us to provide you with the products and services you request or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to process your Personal Information.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following instances:
- To analyse and improve the safety and security of our website, including by implementing and enhancing security measures and safeguards and protecting against fraud, spam, and other abuse;
- To maintain and improve our website; and
- To operate our website and provide you with information and communications about our products and services that are tailored to, and in accordance with, your personal preferences.
- You have consented to our processing of your Personal Information. When you consent, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
Data Retention. We keep Personal Information for no longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected or as required or permitted by applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the scope and sensitivity of the Personal Information; the potential risk of harm from unauthorised access to, use of, or disclosure of the information; the purposes for which we process the information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period, we will securely destroy your Personal Information or take appropriate anonymization steps.
European Privacy Rights. You have the right to access, correct, erase, and obtain a copy of any Personal Information we maintain about you. You also have the right to object to or further restrict our processing of your Personal Information. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or United Kingdom, you may exercise any of these rights by making a request through our contact form.
Before we can provide, delete, or change any of your information or otherwise respond to your request to exercise your rights, we may ask that you verify your identity. We may also ask for more details to help us respond to your request. Please note that applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to any legal restrictions on providing this information.
XII. Canadian Privacy Notice
• Access to your personal information;
• Verify or correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
• Delete your personal information; and
• Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, transfer, or other processing of your personal information, withdraw your consent under certain circumstances.
You may submit these requests using our contact form. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity prior to processing your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions on disclosing this information. Please note, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain any impact to you to help you with your decision.