We here at SleepBetter have provided a ton of information about the latest research into how sleep deprivation is generally making you less healthy. But, still some people don’t go to sleep on time. To battle this ongoing problem, Vox.com put together a list of everyday ways that not getting enough sleep will pretty much mess up your life. This is not for the faint of heart.
• People who are sleep-deprived may not even realize they’re sleep-deprived.
That means you could hop into your car when you’re having a hard time staying awake. Drowsy driving is very similar to driving drunk.
• Sleep-deprivation might give you “beer goggles.”
In recent research, sleepy individuals rated pictures of models as more attractive than wide awake individuals.
• Lack of sleep seems to make people more sensitive to pain.
If you have a problem that causes you pain, it’s going to cause you more pain if you don’t sleep enough.
• And less sleep also seems to make people less empathetic.
That could get you in trouble with your friends.
• Sleep deprivation could lead to increased paranoid and delusional beliefs.
• Going without sleep seems to make people less concerned about losing money.
What this means is that you shouldn’t go to Las Vegas while sleep deprived.
• And sleepy people seem worse at recognizing other people’s emotions.
This is sure to cause issues with your spouse.
Check out more details on each item in this list by reading this article.