A recent British sleep study claims that there may be a correlation between the position that you sleep in and your personality. The six different sleep positions that this study found correlations between personality and sleep were:
- Free Fallers: Sleep on their stomachs with the arms by their head. It was found that these people were brash, confident, and do not take criticism well.
- Yearners: This group makes up 13% of all sleepers. They sleep on their sides with their hands stretched out. It was found that these people were suspicious and slow to make decisions.
- The Log: Sleep on their sides with their arms at their sides. These people were found to be social people and generally easy going.
- The Soldier: Sleep flat on their back with their arms at their sides. These people were found to be quiet and reserved.
- Fetal Position: Represents the largest group of the study. These people were found to be a little shy and hard on the outside by sensitive at heart.
- Starfish: Sleep on their back with their arms in the air. These people were found to be good listeners but do not like to be the center of attention.